You can find some simple steps below explaining the weekly Crane Humidifier cleaning process
- Turn off, unplug from socket, and empty water from tank & humidifier base. Use a solution of 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to 2 litres of water to clean the humidifier
- Remove the Mist Channel Cover by gently pulling from the top of the tank. Clean mist channel cover and mist channel with the white vinegar/water solution. Wipe mist channel with white vinegar/water solution and rinse clean. NOTE: After cleaning, reassemble the mist channel cover as per page 6 of the instructions.
- Remove Water Tank Disk from Mist Nozzle. Wipe disk and nozzle with white vinegar/water solution and rinse
- Fill Water Tank halfway with warm water. Add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to water and let tank sit for 30 minutes. Wipe down the inside of water tank with the solution using a soft cloth. The water tank opening allows your hand to fit inside tank for easy cleaning.
- Fill humidifier base with warm water, add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and let sit for 30 min. Empty base & rinse with plain water. Always pour water away from the fan outlet when emptying. TIP: Clean the nebulizer with a damp cloth or cotton swab after soaking.
- Allow water tank, mist channel cover & humidifier base to air dry and leave water tank disk and mist nozzle off the tank until the next use.
WEEKLY MAINTENANCE & CLEANING:
Cleaning and disinfecting on a regular basis is very important for maintaining the performance of your humidifier. NEVER IMMERSE HUMIDIFIER BASE IN WATER.
IMPORTANT: Water left in the tank or humidifier base when not in use may result in build up of mineral deposits and bacteria which may inhibit the output efficiency as well as void the warranty. If water remains in the Water Tank for more than a day or two, bacterial growth is possible.